JONATHAN POFSKY, MFT, CMT
45 San Clemente Drive, Suite B120
Corte Madera, CA 415-577-5338
Jonathan Pofsky, MFT, CMT MFC 43662
The Marin Stress & Anxiety Center was created as a direct response to a deep need in our culture for integrated mind/body solutions to conditions directly related to stress and anxiety. I have spent over twenty five years exploring, practicing, and studying a broad range of teachings that have informed my work. In addition to receiving my BA in Interpersonal Communications from the University of Florida and my MA in Somatic Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies, I have an extensive background in mind/body practices. I have been a practicing massage therapist and bodywork practitioner since 1997 and a student of yoga and meditation since 1994. I began teaching public yoga classes in 2005 and taught public classes and workshops at YogaWorks in Larskpur, CA until 2017. My integrative studies of yoga therapy continued from 2011-1017 under the tutelage of Dr. Ganesh Mohan of Svastha Yoga Therapy, a program rooted in the direct teachings of Krishnamacharya.
My experience practicing psychotherapy has included over three years at the Center for Somatic Psychotherapy in San Francisco, the Novato Youth Center, and positions as a school counselor at both an elementary and middle school in Marin County. Upon receiving my license as a Marriage and Family Therapist in 2006, I began my private practice working with adults and teens. Outside of the office, I have developed Mindfulness programs in schools and offered educational opportunities for students and parents at many local schools throughout the Bay Area.
I am a proud parent of two boys and accept humbly being taught every day what it means to be a conscious parent in this stressful and fast paced world we live in. I consider myself both a lifetime student and teacher, on a parallel path with each one of my clients and students. I am honored and grateful to be able to be of service to others in this life.
• BA in Interpersonal Communications from the University of Florida, 1996
• Graduate of the Florida School of Massage in Gainesville, FL, 1997
• MA in Somatic Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco, 2001
• Graduate of Yoga Teacher Training with Nikki Estrada, 2004
• Graduate of Mindfulness Yoga and Meditation Training Program at Spirit Rock Meditation Center, 2009
• Completion of Grace and Guts Yoga Immersion with Maritza, 2010
• Completion of iREST Yoga Nidra Level 1 Training with Richard Miller, 2011
• Yoga Therapy Training with Dr. Ganesh Mohan of Svastha Yoga Therapy, 2011-2017
Call now for more information, for a free telephone consultation or to make an appointment.
Call me at: 415-577-5338 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org